Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Collecting Rain Water to use in your Soap making


It has been raining the last 2 days here in NJ and as I was about to start making soap I remembered reading that rain water can be used in your soap.  Armed with a bunch of empty plastic containers I took my umbrella and went outside. No Need to let all that water go to waste. 

It was pouring, so it was the perfect time to collect some rainwater! 












I got some empty plastic bowls and put them on my front step, since it was raining very hard, they filled up FAST!












When they filled up, I brought them into the house and filtered the water through a stainer lined with a paper towel to remove any sediments that may have been in the bowl.
I plan on getting several large 5 gallon plastic buckets from Lowe's, because I ran out of pitcher's quickly and I could have collected a lot more water.  







After collecting and straining the water I put them into a bunch of these plastic container's and put them in the refrigerator to use in my next batch of soap.  Stay tuned to see what happens!





There are many resources on the web to make rain water collectors, from the very simple. to the very elaborate.

No comments:

Post a Comment